PRODUCTION – OUTGROWERS
- 1 We receive hybrid African birds eye chili seed
- 2 We then plan these seeds on our various sites by creating mini nurseries. These nurseries produce our seedlings. After about 6 weeks these seedlings are ready to be transplanted.
- 3 We then issue them out to each farmer
- 4 Assistance and training at every step of the way
- 5 Inputs are supplied on credit as and when they need them.Inputs meaning fertilizer and crop protection products
- 6 All management and record keeping is kept up to date through our personal farming app.
- 7 Farmers in each region are looked after by what we call a Fielf Extention Officer (“FEO”)
- 8 FEO’s all rode around the farmers on their motorbike. Checking on farmers, and recording all necessary information on our farming app on their tablet device
- 1 All fresh chilli is received at our central buying points in each region
- 2 This chilli is checked, weighed and graded
- 3 The farmer receives a print out of a receipt for their delivery. This includes the price x weight = total owed by Kacholo
- 4 This information is uploaded to our headoffice for us to track stock and what we owe the farmers
- 5 Chilli is then dried either out in the sun or in a drier.
- 6 Once dried it is then sorted and checked again ready to be collected to go to Harare to our central packhouse
- 1 Stock comes into Harare where we have a full team of trained graders. The stock is graded into various grades
- 2 Stock is then fumigated
- 3 Packaged into export packaging and transported to Nandos or similar